Firmware version 4-00 for TouchMonitor TM3-3G released: This service release includes improvements and expansions of existing instruments and is available for download in "Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G" section at members area (Manuals & Software).
Archival: Loudness Simplified - TM3-3G with 4.3" Touch Screen and Software Licences
The TouchMonitor TM3-3G is a compact and versatile solution for metering, deembedding and monitoring of 3G-SDI audio signals using a 4.3“ touch screen for vertical or horizontal use. The TM3-3G‘s flexible user interface allows for quick and simple preset selection as well as setting the monitoring level (optional licence).
The compact TouchMonitor TM3-3G consists of a display unit for vertical or horizontal use and a remote interface box. With its integrated 3G-SDI deembedder interface, the TM3-3G displays level and loudness of any eight 3G-SDI audio channels. Independently from this, up to 16 SDI audio signals can be sent to eight AES3 outputs (optional license). TM3-3G‘s flexible user interface allows the selection of presets quickly and simply with just a finger swipe. The contained comprehensive set of factory presets present a cross-section of the applications, audio connections and standards and allow you to start working right out of the box.
The Devicer Software
Presets can be configured in detail using the Devicer DC1 for Mac OS X® or Windows®. The Devicer’s GUI lets you select, configure and position the instruments you need in a convenient way. The screen layout can be previewed any time so that you always see how your preset will look like on the TM3-3G. Furthermore, Devicer DC1 allows to create several configuration sets with different presets, which may be uploaded to TM3-3G as required. (Devicer DC1 for TM3-3G will be available for free in the Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G section of members area (Manuals & software)).
Besides PPM and True Peak instruments, the TM3-3G features comprehensive loudness measuring features conforming to all relevant international standards (EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act). Loudness instruments include single-channel and summing bargraphs, loudness range and numerical displays.
Depending on individual needs, further instruments can be added to TM3-3G with the activation of corresponding software licences. Also, a software bundle can be purchased as a licence upgrade for activating all licences and for expanding the completed feature set with the Loudness Chart instrument. When the software bundle has been installed, upcoming instruments and functions can be added via firmware update.
For existing units the firmware is available for download. See the Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G section of members area (Manuals & Software).
- 4.3“ Touch screen for vertical or horizontal use
- Flexible display layout with scalable instruments
- Separate 3G-SDI interface box with audio I/O, USB, GPIO
- 8-channel level & loudness display
- Loudness: EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act, customer specific
- Loudness Test Time Control
- Monitoring controller with onscreen level fader (optional licence)
- Stereo Line Out and stereo headphone out
- 16-channel 3G-SDI deembedder with 8 x AES3 out (optional licence)
- Moving Coil instruments (optional licence)
- Single channel and summing loudness bargraphs
- Loudness Test Time Control
- Loudness range (LRA) with MagicLRA
- Timecode reader (optional licence)
- PPM & True Peak
- SPL & Dialnorm
- Numerical display
- Comprehensive set of presets
- Personalization with Devicer DC1
The Device Configurator software for Windows® and Mac OS X® is available in the Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G section of members area (Manuals & Software).
- Licence upgrade with all available licences plus Loudness Chart instrument
- no longer available -
The TouchMonitor TM3-3G unit consists of a display with fixed cable for data exchange and supply voltage, a remote 3G-SDI interface box with processor and connectors, basic software, and a mains adapter. The described function range can be upgraded with optional licences at any time.
- Display Unit (Screen)
- 4,3" capacitive touch screen
- Flexible screen layout with scalable instruments
- Vertical or horizontal operation
- Fixed cable (approx. 2 m)
- 3G-SDI Interface Box (Connection Options)
- Digital 3G-SDI input via BNC (3G-SDI In, unbalanced)
- Digital 3G-SDI output via BNC (3G-SDI Through, unbalanced,
input signal active looped through without processing)
- Analog 2-channel Stereo headphone output via 3.5 mm jack (unbalanced),
controllable with optional Monitoring licence
- Analog 2-channel Stereo output via 2 x RCA (Line Out, unbalanced),
controllable with optional Monitoring licence
- Analog Aux input via RCA (Aux In, unbalanced),
controllable with optional Timecode reader licence
- 8 digital AES3 outputs via 25-pin Sub-D (balanced),
controllable with optional Deembedded out licence
- Full speed USB 2.0 connection vis USB Mini-B socket for data exchange between TM3-3G and Devicer DC1
- GPIO connection via RJ-12 (6P6C) socket
- Locking 4-pin low voltage connector (type Binder 710) for power supply
- Dimensions of interface box: 146 x 27 x 85 mm (W x H x D)
Basic Software (Display Options)
expandable with licence options (see "Options" tab)
- 2-channel Stereo up to 8-channel, 3G-SDI audio signals alternatively selectable
- a maximum of 8 input channels can be displayed at a time
- Loudness metering acc. to EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act, or customer specific
- Bargraphs for single channel and summed Loudness display
- Loudness Range (LRA) with "MagicLRA"
- Numerical Loudness display
- SPL meter
- Peak, True-Peak, and correlation measurement
- Comprehensive set of presets (personalizing with Devicer DC1)
- TM3-3G - no longer available -
- TM3-3G package includes table-top display unit
- Dimensions of display unit: 82.5 x 138 x 50 mm (W x H x D)
- TM3-3G + TM3-2U - no longer available -
- TM3-3G package includes display unit with mounting frame, USB extension cable, and mounting material
- Dimensions of display unit: 160 x 82 x 20,7 mm (W x H x D)
- TM3-2U - for TM3-3G no longer available -
--- TM3-2U can only be ordered together with a TM3, TM3S, TM3-3G, or TM3-3GS device! ---
Option for mounting TM3 devices into rack frame TM3-MA2U or into other appropriate mechanical environments. A display with mounting frame, mounting material, and an USB extension cable is part of the TM3 delivery instead of the display unit with table-top frame. A later replace of the table-top display is not possible.
19“/2U rack carrier/mounting frame to be fitted with up to two TM3 series units which must feature the TM3-2U option.
With the software modules (licences) you are able to expand the functionality of your TouchMonitor according to your individual needs.
- TM3-SWMON: Monitoring - no longer available -
Software licence for upgrading model TM3-3G with a Monitoring Control function which enables monitoring of displayed audio signals.
Functions: Monitor level control with onscreen level fader (can be calibrated), DIM, Mute, Solo, internal Downmix for multichannel monitoring, analog audio output of monitoring signals via RCA (Line Out) and 3.5 mm jack (Phones).
- TM3-SWDEEM: Deembedded out - no longer available -
Software licence for upgrading model TM3-3G with an output routing for deembedded audio signals.
Functions: Deembedded output of up to 16 audio channels via the 8 x AES3 outputs of the 25-pin Sub-D connector (Bal.Out).
- TM3-SWMC: Moving Coil - no longer available -
Software licence for expanding the feature set of models TM3-3G with the Moving Coil instrument for the display of needle instruments.
Functions: L/R and M/S PPM modes (BR IIa/BR IIb scales), VU mode, Loudness mode, dual or single (stereo) displays horizontal or vertical, a combined mode with Dual-PPM and Loudness sum display (BBC) is also available.
- TM3-SWTCR: Timecode reader - no longer available -
Software licence for upgrading model TM3-3G to allow external or SDI Timecode signals to be decoded, displayed and used for additional functions.
Functions: Timecode reader and display of an external analog source via RCA (Aux In) or via 3G-SDI.
- TM3-SWB3: Software bundle (licence upgrade)
Software bundle for expanding TM3-3G with all licences available for the unit and for expanding the completed feature set with the Chart instrument. When a software bundle has been installed, upcoming instruments and functions can be added via firmware update.
Upgrade functions: completely equate to the licences described above.
Loudness Chart instrument functions: graph with course over time of one of the measured loudness values TP, M, S, or I, switchable Relative Gate view, adjustable time ranges, switchable Integrated bargraph, adjustable tolerance levels.
Every TM3-3G comes with a comprehensive basic software package including all relevant measuring tools and instruments for the immediate use in many applications. For specific demands, the feature set can be expanded with software modules (licences).
PPM and TruePeak meter for up to 8 channels with comprehensive set of digital scales, Peak Hold, Peak Memory, Over indicator, numerical display, additional Loudness bargraphs switchable. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Correlator (available in 2-channel mode)
Stereo Correlator for displaying the phase relationship between the two channels of a stereo signal and thus its mono compatibility. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Sum instrument for displaying the summed loudness values M, S, and I of a loudness measurement acc. to EBU R128,
ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ARIB, ATSC A/85, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act or customer specific on bargraphs, or an SPL meter. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Numeric instrument for the numerical display of all relevant values of a Loudness measurement: M, S, I, LRA, TPmax, Mmax, Smax, I-time. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Range instrument with MagicLRA mode for a graphical representation of loudness variances with additional display of the I value. Adjustable ranges with different colors. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
The Dialnorm instrument is used to calculate and to show numerical Dialnorm values (w/o speech intelligence) from digital surround signals. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Instrument for displaying the status of the 3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder interface showing the SDI and video format, and a list with the included and available audio signals and audio groups.
AES Status monitor for displaying various parameters of AES3 digital audio signals in plain text. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Global Keyboard with definable on-screen keys for simultaneous control of defined functions in multiple instruments, and for preset recall. It also allows external control vial GP IO interface.
Software Module TM3-SWTCR
The Timecode Reader instrument is used to decode and to display the SDI timecode or an LTC timecode of an external analog source for the use with Loudness applications.
Software Module TM3-SWMC
2-channel stereo needle instruments with PPM display (British), VU display, Loudness display, and combined PPM and Loudness display (BBC mode). Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Software Module TM3-SWDEEM
Matrix for the routing of 16 deembedded audio channels to 8 AES3 outputs via 25-pin Sub-D.
Software Module TM3-SWMON
Monitoring instrument with control function for enabling the monitoring of displayed audio signals. The instrument features monitor level control with onscreen level fader (can be calibrated), DIM and Mute function, and internal Downmix for multichannel monitoring. Audio output of monitoring signals via RCA or 3.5 mm jack (analog).
Software Bundle TM3-SWB
Licence upgrade TM3-SWB3 for TM3-3G (8-channel 3G-SDI version) includes all instruments of licences TM3-SWTCR, TM3-SWMC, TM3-SWDEEM, and TM3-SWMON, and additionally the Loudness Chart instrument.
Loudness Chart instrument for displaying and analyzing the course over time of one selectable value of a loudness measurement directly on the display. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Further details can be found in the TM3-3G data sheet (see "Download" tab).
Extension cable for 3G-SDI interface box, 10 m, to enlarge the disatnce between 3G-SDI interface box and TM3-3G display unit up to approx. 12 m. Set includes the required f-f adapter.
Snake cable, 2 meter, for 3G-SDI interface box, distributes 25-pin. Sub-D-M to 8 x XLR-M (AES3 outputs)
Metal mounting plate for TM3-3G display unit to be mounted with 3/8 inch holds (e. g. gooseneck, mic stand)
Wide range 100 - 240 V AC/24 V DC 2.71 A, table-top power supply with corresponding power cable for different power supply systems
Manuals & Software
Downloads for Manuals & Software and for Devicer DC1 (Device Configurator software for personalization) can be found in our download area (Support/Manuals & Software).