A Surround Monitoring Controller combined with RTW's Surround Sound Analyzer in a compact rackmount package for video studios
SurroundControl is our flagship product line for controlling, analyzing and monitoring stereo, surround sound and multichannel programs. It combines the metering functions of the RTW surround display devices and the control functions of an eight-channel monitoring controller - a true high performance system.
Loudness measurements of version 4 follow all relevant loudness standards: EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771, ATSC A/85 and ARIB. Therefore, extensive functions are available. For example, the LRA instrument combines the measurement and visualization of two critical loudness parameters (program loudness, loudness variances within short time periods) in a straightforward and intuitive way.
The 3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder interface option expands the audio signal analysis to 3G-SDI data streams and surround format 7.1 DD+. Depending on the model SurroundControl is already equipped with it. All delivered version 4 units can be upgraded by factory (--> see Options). Existing units with software version 3 (03.00.nn) can be upgraded to version 4 by factory (please contact our sales department).
- Unique eight-channel combination of powerful surround sound metering and analyzing, monitoring controller and router – fully integrated in one easy-to-use system
- RTW‘s unparalleled Surround Sound Analyzer for fast in-depth evaluation of any surround program up to 7.1
- Multi-standard PPMs and loudness metering for stereo and surround channels
- True Peak metering
- Total loudness, integrated loudness with dynamic timewindows, loudness history, chart recorder
- Comfortable Loudness measurements acc. to EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771, ATSC A/85, and ARIB
- Additional customer mode to adapt Loudness measurements to individual needs
- Summed Loudness display for Momentary ("M"), Shortterm ("S"), and Integrated ("I") Loudness
- LRA instrument with unique "MagicLRA" and
"MagicLRA + I" modes for the intuitive detection of Loudness Range and Integrated ("I") Loudness values
- Numerical display of all relevant Loudness values
- Full complement of audio and signal analyzing tools (1/3 RTA, 1/6 RTA, Multi-Correlator with LFE mode, Downmix meter, Dialnorm meter, audio vectorscopes, status monitors)
- Extended BLITS/EBU channel identification with intelligent analyzer
- Powerful preset management for ultra-fast switching between configurations and I/O setups
- Fully integrated half 19“ plug-in module with TFT display and control panels for TV/video studios
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI de-embedding option (16 channels)
- Dolby® AC-3 and Dolby® E decoder option
Half-19'' rack-mount module for 19''-rack frames with 407 mm depth with integrated 6.5'' TFT VGA display and control panels, +24 V DC connector for external power supply (included in delivery), ideal for rack mounting right next to waveform monitors
same as 31960, but fitted with 3G/HD/SD SDI deembedder interface and Dolby® E / Dolby® AC-3 decoders, extended signal routing options and instruments
Measurement microphone MM1: Option for calibrating the studio loudspeaker system
Panel mounting kit for Remote Display 30010
Snake cable 4 meter, distributes 25p-Sub-D to 8 x XLR-M (analog outputs)
Snake cable 4 meter, distributes 25p-Sub-D to 4 x XLR-F and 4 x XLR-M (digital inputs and outputs)
Snake cable 4 meter, distributes 25p-Sub-D to 8 x XLR-F (analog inputs)
VGA connecting cable Bürklin 13M4240 type, 5 m, all pins wired, for connecting Remote Display 30010
Wide range 100 - 240 V AC/24 V DC 2.7 A, table-top power supply with corresponding power cable for different power supply systems, fits to SurroundControl 31960 series or Remote Display 30010
3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder option for SurroundControl 31900 (version 4) resp. 3G-SDI upgrade for existing 31900S and 31900SD with version 4 (extension by factory). For units with software version 03.00.nn a hardware upgrade to version 4 is mandatory before.
3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder and Dolby® E/AC-3 decoder option for SurroundControl 31900 (version 4) resp. 3G-SDI upgrade for existing 31900D, 31900S, and 31900SD with version 4 (extension by factory). For units with software version 03.00.nn a hardware upgrade to version 4 is mandatory before.
Remote Display. 8.4" TFT VGA display with keypad, table-stand, power supply and VGA cable.
Remote Control. Option for controlling the instrument from greater distance (up to two can be connected via Y-cable)
Upgrade option to version 4
Existing 31960 units working with software version 03.00.nn can be upgraded to the new version 4 by factory (31960UPG). Please contact our sales department.