Firmware version 4-00 for TM3-3G Smart released: This service release includes improvements and expansions of existing instruments and is available for download in "Audio Monitors/TM3-3G Smart" section at members area (Manuals & Software).
A TM3-3G with full feature set
The TouchMonitor TM3-3G Smart is a compact and versatile out-of-the-box solution for metering, deembedding and monitoring of 3G-SDI audio signals using a 4.3“ touch screen for vertical or horizontal use. The TM3-3G Smart‘s flexible user interface allows for quick and simple preset selection as well as setting the monitoring level.
The compact TM3-3G Smart consists of a display unit for vertical or horizontal use and a remote interface box. With its integrated 3G-SDI deembedder interface, the TM3-3G displays level and loudness of any eight 3G-SDI audio channels. Independently from this, up to 16 SDI audio signals can be sent to eight AES3 outputs. TM3-3G Smart‘s flexible user interface allows the selection of presets quickly and simply with just a finger swipe. The contained comprehensive set of factory presets present a cross-section of the applications, audio connections and standards and allow you to start working right out of the box.
The Devicer Software
Presets can be configured in detail using the Devicer DC1 for Mac OS X® or Windows®. The Devicer’s GUI lets you select, configure and position the instruments you need in a convenient way. The screen layout can be previewed any time so that you always see how your preset will look like on the TM3-3G Smart. Furthermore, Devicer DC1 allows to create several configuration sets with different presets, which may be uploaded to TM3-3G Smart as required. Devicer DC1 for TM3-3G Smart will be available for free in the Audio Monitors/TM3-3G Smart section of the member area (Manuals & Software).
Besides PPM and True Peak instruments, the TM3-3G Smart features comprehensive loudness measuring features conforming to all relevant international standards (EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act). Loudness instruments include single-channel and summing bargraphs, loudness range, loudness chart (TP, M, S, or I value over time), and numerical displays. Moving Coil instruments display stereo signals with different scales and modes (PPM, VU, Loudness, BBC). With the Monitoring instrument an onscreen level fader is available. And with the Timecode reader instrument an external or SDI timecode can be decoded and dipslayed.
For existing units the firmware is available for download. See the Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G Smart section of members area (Manuals & Software).
- 4.3“ Touch screen for vertical or horizontal use
- Flexible display layout with scalable instruments
- Separate 3G-SDI interface box with audio I/O, USB, GPIO
- 8-channel level & loudness display
- Loudness: EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act, customer specific
- Loudness Test Time Control
- Monitoring controller with onscreen level fader
- Stereo Line Out and stereo headphone out
- 16-channel 3G-SDI deembedder with 8 x AES3 out
- Moving Coil instruments
- Single channel and summing loudness bargraphs
- Loudness Test Time Control
- Loudness range (LRA) with MagicLRA
- Loudness chart
- Timecode Reader
- PPM & True Peak
- SPL & Dialnorm
- Numerical display
- Comprehensive set of presets
- Personalization with Devicer DC1
The Device Configurator software for Windows® and Mac OS X® is available in the Audio Monitors/TouchMonitor TM3-3G Smart section of members area (Manuals & Software).
TouchMonitor TM3-3G Smart
The table-top unit TouchMonitor TM3-3G Smart consists of a display with with fixed cable for data exchange and supply voltage and a remote 3G-SDI interface box with processor and connectors.
The described function range can be upgraded with optional licences at any time.
- Display Unit (Screen)
- 4,3" capacitive touch screen
- Flexible screen layout with scalable instruments
- Vertical or horizontal operation
- Fixed cable (approx. 2 m)
- Dimensions: 82.5 x 138 x 50 mm (B x H x T)
- 3G-SDI Interface Box (Connection)
- Digital 3G-SDI input via BNC (3G-SDI In, unbalanced)
- Digital 3G-SDI output via BNC (3G-SDI Through, unbalanced, input signal active looped through without processing)
- Analog 2-channel Stereo headphone output via 3.5 mm jack (unbalanced)
- Analog 2-channel Stereo output via 2 x RCA (Line Out, unbalanced)
- Analog Aux input via RCA (Aux In, unbalanced)
- 8 digital AES3 outputs via 25-pin Sub-D (balanced)
- Full speed USB 2.0 connection vis USB Mini-B socket for data exchange
between TM3-3G Smart and Devicer DC1
- GPIO connection via RJ-12 (6P6C) socket
- Locking 4-pin low voltage connector (type Binder 710) for power supply
Software (Display Options)
equates to the software of a TM3-3G with full feature set.
- Loudness metering acc. to EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act, or customer specific
- Bargraphs for single channel and summed Loudness display
- Loudness Range (LRA) with "MagicLRA"
- Loudness Chart
- Numerical Loudness display
- SPL meter
- Peak, True-Peak, and correlation measurement
- Moving Coil
- Dialnorm measurement
- Timecode Reader
- SDI status monitor
- 16-channel 3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder
- Routing of deembedded audio signals to AES3 outputs
- Monitoring Controller with onscreen level fader
- Comprehensive set of Presets (personalizing with Devicer DC1)
- 2-channel Stereo up to 8-channel
- Expanded software including all available TM3-3G licences and Chart instrument
- Display unit and 3G-SDI interface box
- 3G-SDI audio signals alternatively selectable
- a maximum of 8 input channels can be displayed at a time
- Mains adapter included
Option for mounting the TM3-3GS into rack frame TM3-MA2U or into other appropriate mechanical environments. It can only be ordered together with a TM3, TM3S, TM3-3G, or TM3-3GS device. Then, a display with mounting frame, mounting material, and an USB extension cable is part of delivery instead of the TM3 display unit in a table-top frame.
19“/2U rack carrier/mounting frame to be fitted with up to two TM3 series units which must feature the TM3-2U option.
With the integrated Smart software package, TM3-3G Smart (TM3-3GS) is fully equipped. It provides the wide range of RTW‘s approved loudness and audio metering tools to meet the demands of a wide variety of applications. Beside the signal processing and the control functions this software includes the following instruments and functions:
PPM and TruePeak meter for up to 8 channels with comprehensive set of digital scales, Peak Hold, Peak Memory, Over indicator, numerical display, additional Loudness bargraphs switchable. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
2-channel stereo needle instruments with PPM display (British), VU display, Loudness display, and combined PPM and Loudness display (BBC mode). Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Sum instrument for displaying the summed loudness values M, S, and I of a loudness measurement acc. to EBU R128,
ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ARIB, ATSC A/85, OP-59, AGCOM, CALM Act or customer specific on bargraphs, or an SPL meter. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Numeric instrument for the numerical display of all relevant values of a Loudness measurement: M, S, I, LRA, TPmax, Mmax, Smax, I-time. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Range instrument with MagicLRA mode for a graphical representation of loudness variances with additional display of the I value. Adjustable ranges with different colors. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Loudness Chart instrument for displaying and analyzing the course over time of one selectable value of a loudness measurement directly on the display. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
The Dialnorm instrument is used to calculate and to show numerical Dialnorm values (w/o speech intelligence) from digital surround signals. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Correlator (available in 2-channel mode)
Stereo Correlator for displaying the phase relationship between the two channels of a stereo signal and thus its mono compatibility. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
The Timecode Reader instrument is used to decode and to display the SDI timecode or an LTC timecode of an external analog source for the use with Loudness applications.
Matrix for the routing of 16 deembedded audio channels to 8 AES3 outputs via 25-pin Sub-D.
Monitoring instrument with control function for enabling the monitoring of displayed audio signals. The instrument features monitor level control with onscreen level fader (can be calibrated), DIM and Mute function, and internal Downmix for multichannel monitoring. Audio output of monitoring signals via RCA or 3.5 mm jack (analog).
AES Status monitor for displaying various parameters of AES3 digital audio signals in plain text. Additional control keys for positioning on the display.
Instrument for displaying the status of the 3G/HD/SD-SDI deembedder interface showing the SDI and video format, and a list with the included and available audio signals and audio groups.
Global Keyboard with definable on-screen keys for simultaneous control of defined functions in multiple instruments, and for preset recall. It also allows external control vial GP IO interface.
Further details can be found in the TM3-3G Smart data sheet (see "Download" tab).
Extension cable for 3G-SDI interface box, 10 m, to enlarge the disatnce between 3G-SDI interface box and display unit up to approx. 12 m. Set includes the required f-f adapter.
Snake cable, 2 meter, for 3G-SDI interface box, distributes 25-pin. Sub-D-M to 8 x XLR-M (AES3 outputs)
Metal mounting plate for display unit to be mounted with 3/8 inch holds (e. g. gooseneck, mic stand)
Wide range 100 - 240 V AC/24 V DC 2.71 A, table-top power supply with corresponding power cable for different power supply systems