Firmware version 1-69 for MM3 MusicMeter released: The new update includes further improvements and is available for download in "Audio Monitors/MM3 MusicMeter" section at members area (Manuals & Software).
Compact metering device for all creative fields of the music industry
RTW‘s MM3 MusicMeter is a highly compact and innovative, easy-to-use product, giving music, voice, and multimedia producers everything they need for loudness and audio metering, including frequently used standard instruments and parameters in a high quality unit to meet the demands of a wide variety of applications. Beside the use as a standalone desktop unit including analog and digital audio interfaces, as well as USB audio, MM3 also provides the innovative USB hybrid mode. Stereo and Surround audio metering will be performed right from the DAW via RTW USB Connect plug-in without the need for additional wiring or extensive signal routing. MM3 MusicMeter will process and visualize the information simultaneously to the monitoring of the audio signal via DAW‘s audio interface. The graphical user interface used in MM3 units is controlled simply by using your finger. Typical views with different instrument combinations for optimized reading can be selected just by a finger swipe. All commonly used parameters are set, just a few need to be adjusted by the user to meet individual requirements.
- Compact unit with full feature set for multifunctional audio measurements (analog, digital, USB audio)
- Table-top unit with display, USB connecting cable, and external USB mains adapter
- 4.3“ capacitive touch screen (272 x 480 pixel)
- Selectable views with different instrument combinations
- Analog 2-channel stereo input via unbal. RCA, adjustable from –22 dBu (61 mV) to +24 dBu (12.28 V)
- Digital 2-channel stereo in- and output via S/PDIF (RCA)
- Micro-USB connector for digital audio inputs (stereo, 5.1) and USB power supply (USB mains adapter or computer)
- Loudness measurements acc. to EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85, ARIB, OP-59, AGCOM, or CALM Act
- Summing Loudness bargraph (M, S, or I value selectable)
- Numerical displays (M, Mmax, S, Smax, I, LRA, TPmax values)
- Loudness measurement control via onscreen keys
- Loudness Chart instrument for displaying and analyzing the course of a loudness measurement over time
- PPM/TruePeak meter with standard scales
- Moving Coil instruments with PPM, and VU modes
- Real Time Analyzer (RTA) displaying the spectral distribution of an audio signal
- 2-channel Audio Vectorscope (Lissajous display)
- 2-channel stereo downmix of USB surround audio signal to S/PDIF out connector
- USB hybrid function: Simultaneous monitoring and metering, and additional remote control of Start/Stop/Reset function with RTW USB Connect software (see tab "USB Connect")
Before using USB audio signals from a computer, MM3 MusicMeter has to be defined as USB audio device for sound output (Mac® OS X) or as standard audio output device (Windows®). Information about that can be found in the USB audio setup descriptions available at "Audio Monitors/MM3 MusicMeter - Manuals" section of members area (Manuals & Software).
Alternatively, you can install the RTW USB Connect software. Information about that can be found on USB Connect tab or on the RTW USB Connect product page.
On Windows® systems, RTW Primus USB audio driver has to be installed in any case. The driver is available at "Audio Monitors/MM3 MusicMeter - Software" section of members area (Manuals & Software).
Further details can be found on the "Instruments" tab or in the MM3 MusicMeter data sheet (see "Download" tab).
With the integrated software package, MM3 MusicMeter is fully equipped. It provides a wide range of RTW‘s approved loudness and audio metering tools to meet the demands of a wide variety of applications. Beside the signal processing and the control functions this software includes the following instruments:
PPM and TruePeak meter for analog and digital 2-channel Stereo signals and USB audio (2-channel, 5.1), with analog scales (DIN5, TP60, Nordic, BR IIa, SMPTE24, NHK) and digital scales (TP60, Dig60, Nordic, BR IIa, VU)
MC - Moving Coil
Needle instruments with PPM display (BR IIa), and VU display
Loudness Bar instrument
Loudness Sum instrument for displaying the Loudness values M, S, or I of a Loudness measurement acc. to EBU R128, ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ARIB, ATSC A/85, OP-59, AGCOM oder CALM Act on a bargraph display.
Loudness Numeric instrument
Loudness Num instrument for displaying the Loudness values M, S, I, LRA, TPmax, Mmax and Smax of a Loudness measurement acc. to EBU R128, ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ARIB, ATSC A/85, OP-59, AGCOM oder CALM Act on a numerical display.
Loudness Chart instrument for displaying and analyzing the course over time of a loudness measurement directly on the display.
VSC - Vectorscope
2-ch. Audio Vectorscope for displaying the phase relationship between the two channels of a channel pair (Lissajous display).
Real Time Spectrum Analyzer instrument for displaying the spectral content of the input channels using 31 filter bands. Highpass filter for High Band (> 20 kHz).
The keyboard includes the on-screen keys with defined control functions for several instruments.
Further details can be found in the TM3-Primus data sheet (see "Download" tab).
RTW USB Connect
Further details and the RTW USB Connect software for download (free of charge) can be found on the RTW USB Connect product page.