Jobs bei RTW
Embedded Systems and Audio
RTW GmbH & Co. KG is based in Cologne. The company develops and manufactures innovative instruments for visualizing audio signals in broadcast, production, post-production and quality control. Our customers include professionals within the fields of TV and radio broadcasting, streaming, gaming, film production, etc. As an innovation leader, the company has been setting standards with its hardware and software products for 50 years, taking part in shaping the technological change of the industry. The owner-managed and medium-sized company works together with more than 70 distributors and dealers in 60 countries, as well as with numerous OEM customers.
For the further development of the company, we are looking for a qualified and committed person as soon as possible.
Software Engineer (m/f)
Embedded systems and audio
You are responsible for the development, testing and implementation of the software for our devices and systems. In doing so, you maintain a permanent exchange with the adjacent areas, and in individual cases you also coordinate directly with our customers.
Quality assurance is of utmost importance to us and includes adherence to specifications and deadlines. You will independently develop your field of work by further improving our methods and standards and continuously drive innovation.
- Design, implementation and testing of software in C, C ++ and Python
- Programming in the field of embedded systems:
- 32-bit ARM and x86 systems
- Kernel modules
- Real-time applications with embedded Linux, Yocto, OpenEmbedded
- Network applications and touch-based user interfaces
- Use of common libraries, eg. Qt, JUCE, etc.
- Handling standard tools, e.g. Gnu tools, revision control systems, defect tracking systems, etc.
- Participation in funded projects with other companies and research institutions
- Audio Real Time IO
- Background (audio) signal processing (such as basic things like sample rate)
- Multi-threading program design and debugging
- Experience with user interface design, especially GUI
- OpenGL, OpenGLes
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Professional audio experience
- Interest in audio
- Knowledge and experience with VHDL and FPGA
- Circuit design and testing
Ideally, you have successfully completed a degree in electrical engineering, computer science or similar and have already gained several years of experience in a technically similar environment. If suitably qualified, you may also be a committed university graduate.
You are accustomed to adequately represent the concerns of software development processes and is a knowledgeable and assertive team player. You work independently and in a structured way, and you are used to prioritize as necessary.
Due to many international contacts and stakeholders, you have good English language skills.
We look forward to receiving your application, which should include a possible start date and salary expectations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.